TheCconnects: Can you tell our readers a little about your professional journey & how did you come to your current role/position?
Sangeeta Beri: Certainly! My name is Sangeeta Beri, and I am the founder of The Stone Studio. My professional journey began during my travels throughout India. I noticed that many artisans were struggling to make a living despite their incredible talent and dedication to their craft. I witnessed first-hand the tedious process and effort that these artisans put into creating a single piece of art, and I knew that their work deserved a wider market.
After speaking with many artisans, I discovered that they were struggling to reach customers and that they were not receiving the recognition or compensation they deserved for their work. This problem was prevalent across many regions of India, and I knew I had to do something to help.
As the COVID-19 pandemic hit India, these artisans felt even more demotivated and many of them were unable to work due to lockdowns. That’s when I decided to create The Stone Studio, a platform that would showcase the beautiful sculptures and artwork created by these talented artisans and provide them with a wider market to sell their work.
My vision for The Stone Studio was to create a platform that not only supports these artisans but also educates our users about the sculpture, its appropriate Mudra, placement, and material. We don’t focus on selling the statues; rather, we aim to create a more profound connection between our customers and the art they are purchasing.
It has been an incredible journey so far, and I am proud of the positive impact we are making in the lives of these talented artisans. Our customers can trust that they are making a direct impact on the lives of these talented artisans, and we are inspired by the positive response we have received so far.
TheCconnects: Who has influenced you the most in life and why?
Sangeeta Beri: The artisans that I work with have influenced me the most in life. They have taught me invaluable lessons on creativity, perseverance, and hard work. They have not only helped me grow my business but have also shown me the importance of preserving traditional art forms and supporting local communities. Without their contributions, I would not be where I am today.
TheCconnects: What are the biggest challenges you have faced in your life & how did you overcome them?
Sangeeta Beri: As the founder of The Stone Studio, I have faced many challenges while growing my business. One of the biggest challenges was to market the art to a wider audience. To overcome this challenge, I had worked tirelessly with my team to showcase the beauty of the art to the world by enhancing our global presence through our own website and using social media and other digital platforms to promote the art to a wider audience.
Another challenge was to ensure that the artisans who created the art were paid fairly for their work. I believed in paying the artisans a fair wage and providing them with a safe and healthy working environment.
Despite these challenges, I never gave up on my dream of promoting and preserving the traditional art forms of India. My passion and determination have not only benefited the artisans but also helped to promote and preserve the rich cultural heritage of the country. Today, The Stone Studio has grown significantly, and now work with a large group of artisans, and have expanded their business to international markets.
TheCconnects: What lessons you have learned from your professional career?
Sangeeta Beri: Some of the key lessons I have learned from my professional career include:
- Communication is key: Effective communication is essential in profession. Clear and concise communication can avoid misunderstandings and improve productivity.
- Continuous learning is important: Learning never stops, and it’s important to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. Continuous learning can help us stay ahead of the curve and be better prepared for future challenges.
- Collaboration is crucial: Working with others can lead to better outcomes than working alone. Collaboration allows us to leverage different skills, perspectives, and experiences to achieve a common goal.
- Adaptability is key: Change is constant, and it’s essential to be able to adapt to new situations and circumstances. Being adaptable allows us to stay flexible and respond to changing environments quickly.
- Hard work pays off: Success often comes from hard work, dedication, and perseverance. It’s essential to work hard, be persistent, and stay focused on our goals, even when faced with obstacles or setbacks.
- Integrity and ethics are vital: Maintaining high ethical standards and acting with integrity can build trust and credibility with colleagues, clients, and customers. It’s essential to make decisions that align with our values and principles, even in difficult situations.
TheCconnects: What do you see as the biggest challenge for brands in the digital space?
Sangeeta Beri: I believe that one of the biggest challenges for brands in the digital space is standing out in a crowded market. With so many brands and products available online, it can be difficult to get noticed and differentiate oneself from competitors.
Another major challenge is building and maintaining customer trust in a world where data breaches and privacy concerns are becoming more common. Brands must take data privacy and security seriously and be transparent about their practices to build trust with their customers.
Additionally, with the rise of social media, brands must navigate the complex landscape of social media marketing, including engaging with customers, handling negative feedback, and managing their online reputation.
Lastly, as digital technologies continue to evolve rapidly, brands must stay up-to-date with the latest trends and innovations to stay relevant and competitive. This requires ongoing investment in research and development, as well as a willingness to experiment and take risks in the digital space.
TheCconnects: How your product/solution can help to resolve the pain points of your customers?
Sangeeta Beri: Our products help resolve the pain points of their customers in many ways:
- Convenient Online Shopping: The Stone Studio offers an online platform for users to purchase their desired sculptures, providing them with a hassle-free home delivery service. This can save customers time and effort by eliminating the need to visit physical stores.
- Expert Guidance: The Stone Studio provides customers with information about the meaning of Mudras and their Vaastu benefits, ensuring they make informed decisions about their purchases. This can help customers select the right sculpture for their desired placement area, creating a positive flow of energy in their living or work spaces.
- Transparency in Product Information: The Stone Studio provides customers with accurate information about the size and weight of the sculptures, helping customers make informed decisions about their purchases. This can reduce the risk of customers buying sculptures that are too large or heavy for their desired placement area.
- Customized Sculptures: The Stone Studio offers specialized services for making custom sculptures tailored to suit every individual’s requirement, which is not generally available to the end-user. This can help customers get the exact sculpture they desire and meet their unique needs.
- Global Delivery: The Stone Studio offers global delivery through its logistics partner such as DHL, FedEx, Bluedart, etc. This helps customers who may not have access to the desired sculptures in their local markets, and allow them to receive the product at their desired location.
The Stone Studio’s product helps customers overcome the challenges and dilemmas they may face when buying sculptures, providing them with a convenient, transparent, and personalized experience.
TheCconnects: What do you do in your free time?
Sangeeta Beri: In my free time, I indulge in my passion for blogging. I enjoy writing about various topics that capture my interest, and I particularly enjoy writing about sculpture art and architecture. I find these subjects fascinating and love sharing my insights and knowledge with my readers. Blogging not only allows me to express my creativity but also provides me with an opportunity to learn and explore new ideas.
I also have a keen interest on photography and reading good books, which have been a long-standing interest of mine. Additionally, I am passionate about researching topics related to sculptural arts in ancient times, driven by my curiosity about the creation of magnificent sculptures and ancient temples. This pursuit not only expands my knowledge and understanding of the subject but also helps me to relax and unwind from the demands of everyday life.
TheCconnects: Do you have any advice for those who want to be an entrepreneur/chief … officer?
Sangeeta Beri: If you aspire to become a Chief Executive Officer, here are a few pieces of advice to keep in mind:
- Develop a strong foundation: Start by gaining relevant experience in the field of your interest. This could include working in various roles to gain a better understanding of the industry, the market, and the business environment.
- Focus on soft skills: In addition to technical knowledge, Chief Executive Officers also require excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills. So, work on building your soft skills along with your technical expertise.
- Be proactive: As a Chief Executive Officer, you’ll need to be proactive and take initiative to drive your organization forward. So, don’t shy away from taking calculated risks and making tough decisions.
- Stay up-to-date: Stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in your field by reading industry publications, attending conferences and seminars, and networking with peers.
- Learn from others: Seek out mentors and colleagues who have experience in similar roles and learn from their successes and failures.
- Stay resilient: Remember that setbacks are inevitable, but it’s important to stay resilient and keep pushing forward. Be adaptable and open to change, as this is often necessary for long-term success.
By following these tips, you can develop the skills and knowledge necessary to become a successful Chief Executive Officer.
Connect with Sangeeta Beri on LinkedIn here